Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sketch This #86~Tribute to my brother and my Dad!

I adore these new 'boy' papers from Cosmo Cricket!! I made two cards this week following sketch 86:

This one I sent to my brother for his Birthday...he loves cars. In fact, one of his hobbies is rendering concept car models....not sure if I stated that exactly right.... You can check out his work here if you are interested. I am well aware that I may be a bit biased, but He ROCKS!!

and I made this one for my Dad for Father's Day...shhhh! He loves planes...he is a pilot and his favorite hobby has always been 'poking holes in clouds'. :) Anyway, everything about that image and even the 'howdy' sentiment completely reminds me of my awesome Daddy!! So fun.

Supplies for both cards: Cosmo Cricket PP, May Arts ribbon, WRMK grommets, AC and Melissa Frances Rub ons.
It's my son's Birthday today so we are headed into an evening and a whole weekend of fun!! Looking forward to all of it. Hope you have a great long weekend too!
Hugs,
Katie

12 comments:

Angela said...

What great boy card, lovin the paper and what a great combination of colors...

Lisette Gibbons said...

Love your cards Kate.

(Favvis)Maria said...

Really lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Such fabulous masculine cards Kate! Have a super weekend!

~Lori Roop said...

They're both adorable! Cute post too! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Happy Birthday to your little guy!

Anonymous said...

I love the card. You have such a talent for design. I'm really amazed that both of us make money doing things we like!

By the way, I love the Animaniacs DVD set, just one problem, I already have this one! So, what do you want to do?

Love you sis! Tom

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love your paper creations! I mentioned you on my blog today! :)

Peet said...

love both cards!!! Beautiful paper..great design, Katie!
Hugs
Peet

Unknown said...

Ooh, great guy cards Katie! Love how fun and whimsical they are!

No Name said...

Wow... Thanks so much for sharing!
Your work is fantastic!

I thought, since you like crafts... you might enjoy this website, in order to store all your craft supplies and keep your stuff organized.

Just visit: TheOriginalScrapbox
You should check it out!
They have amazing stuff! :)

Linda Beeson said...

These are just so perfect for some "guys" cards! LOVING the supplies you used.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hi Katie,
My name is Cath Edvalson. I am the creative editor for Paper Crafts magazine and author of the blog Moxie Fab World. I started a new feature on my blog today in which I "bop" around cyberspace finding inspiring paper crafted projects. You, my dear, have got some serious inspiration going on right now. I hope you don't mind that I've offered a few of your projects up for my readers today with appropriate links:

http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2009/06/blog-bop.html

Thanks for all the inspiring work you do!

~Cath